Friday, August 20, 2010

The Training Program's Pinnacle Awaits

Reposted from
http://www.avonwalk.org/goto/Paul_Willett
Originally posted August 20, 2010

First of all, my thanks again to all of my friends, family, business associates, and classmates for their support in this endeavor, particularly their financial support. Special thanks go to John and Susan MacLaurin for their extremely generous donation! Thanks to everyone's help I'm now at the 74% point toward my goal with three weeks left before the big weekend. Thanks, one & all!!

Three weeks to go. It's late so I'll be brief and try to fill in more details this weekend and later next week (lots of ideas, little time to write it seems) but the short version is that the scheduled training walks for tomorrow and Sunday are for 22 and 10 miles respectively, the last two "long" walks before the actual Avon Walk for Breast Cancer event in three weeks.

I, of course, am planning on exceeding those training goals by a bit. When the plan called for 16 miles I did 18+; when the plan called for 18 I did 20+; the two weeks when the plan called for 20, I did 21+ and 22+. So tomorrow I'm planning on walking from my house to my office and back, which pencils out at 26.5 miles. And on Sunday I plan on walking from my house in the West San Fernando Valley over the Santa Suzanna Pass to Simi Valley and then back over the canyon roads, which looks like 14.2 miles with a small mountain range to boot.

Agressive!

I'll keep you updated on how it goes, but remember this (hint, it's Klingon):

"porghDaq narghDI' 'oy', HoS poch"

No comments: